Top Things to Do in Whakatane
Are you planning for your next New Zealand adventure? It’s time to discover Whakatane! This place offers vast authentic beauty, stunning beach spots, and rich cultural history. Whakatane is your ultimate destination where you can meet many friendly locals and even tourists just like you. If you don’t know what to see and do first, here are the top things to do in Whakatane.
Things to Do in Whakatane: Creating Your Most Unforgettable Adventure
If you want to spend your birthday on a beach trip or want to relax, Whakatane could be the place you are looking for. It is dubbed as New Zealand’s Sunshine Capital, where you can find the best of the country’s bush and beach landscapes. Whatever the season is, Whakatane welcomes and invites you to try the most thrilling adventures. Here are some of the must-try recreation at Whakatane Beach:
- Enjoy the season with thrilling water activities. Are you tired of the hot, dry sason in your place? Come and visit Whakatane Beach. This place can provide you with many water adventures which you can enjoy with your family. There are many things to do in Whakatane Beach, such as diving, fishing, jet boarding, kayaking, kite surfing, sailing, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), and swimming. One day is not enough to enjoy all of these activities so consider making a two or three-day trip to Whakatane.
- Gather some unique and locally-made souvenirs. Would it be best to buy some local souvenirs? This way, you can relive the memories you had at Whakatane Beach. Shop at the famous boutiques and establish shopping spots at the Whakatane District. They sell a wide range of products, from fashion and clothing to health and beauty products. If you want to save money, then nothing beats photographs as souvenirs. Make sure to bring a camera that you can use to take beautiful self-portraits and landscapes.
- Go hiking and follow some challenging trails. Whakatane Campground features several trails where you can go biking and hiking. Try pedaling along the river edge while enjoying the cold breeze. You can make a stop in an area where there is a perfect view of the beach. Don’t forget to capture some memories which you can keep forever. If you prefer biking, you may look for shops that allow you to rent or buy a bike.
- Have a family picnic at the Whakatane Campground. Are you bringing your family on your next adventure? If so, there are family-friendly things to do in Whakatane, such as camping and golfing. Find the best location to install your tent or hammock where your family can take a rest. It is also ideal when enjoying your packed meals or cooking them from scratch. But make sure to never leave any waste on the Whakatane campground to preserve its beauty.
- Satisfy your cravings with Whakatane’s mouth-watering cuisine. Whakatane is not only famous for its top tourist destinations, but it is also famous for its delicious cuisine. You can relax at the best-reviewed cafes or delight yourself with the sumptuous delicacies from the accommodating restaurants near Whakatane Beach.
Whakatane has so much to offer when it comes to adventures, be it on the sky, land, or water. It could be a perfect place if you are looking for an ideal summer destination. But even if it is not summer, there are many things to do in Whakatane, from biking and hiking to camping and shopping. It also offers family-friendly adventures where you and your loved ones can make unlimited memories together.
Are you staying for more than a day in Whakatane? We can help you with motel accommodation. Try our affordable and comfortable rooms here, where you can see the breathtaking views of Matakaoa Point. We also provide world-class facilities and services to make your Whakatane trip more unforgettable. Contact us today or visit our website to check the available rooms.