Things to Do During Spring in New Zealand
Springtime is here! September through November is the spring season in New Zealand. The climate of New Zealand accommodates all four seasons, and sometimes it all happens in one day depending on what part of New Zealand you’re visiting. If you’re visiting the Gisborne region, here are some fun things to do during spring in New Zealand:
Fun Things to Do During Spring in New Zealand
- Get Outdoors – Participate in a sacred Maori tradition (Hikurangi Guided Tours) or take a hike and enjoy the outdoors for free (Grays Bush Scenic Reserve).
- Visit a Café or Used Book Shop – There’s something nostalgic about opening a real book. Sit back and relax with a simple cup of coffee or homemade pastry. Muirs Book Shop and Café offers a great place to unwind and enjoy agreeable weather on their beautiful outdoor balcony.
- Play a Round of Mini Golf – Visit the Gisborne i-SITE Centre for a round of mini golf, or take advantage of their knowledgeable staff to find out what other fun things there are to do around the Gisborne area.
- Visit a Farm – The Agrodome is an exciting, full functioning farm, with entertaining farm shows, a farm nursery with baby animals, tours, and even their newest addition – a Clydesdale Wagon Tour.
- Wine Tasting – Take a tour of the wine country and check out some of the beautiful vineyards around the Gisborne region. The Bushmere Estate Winery is just one of many fabulous wineries to check out.
There are many more fun things to do during spring in New Zealand. Check out our blog for more fun inspiration in Gisborne, Rotorua, Hicks Bay, and more!