When the Sun Goes Down: Reasons to Love the Sunrise and Sunset
The Earth’s rotation causes the sun and the space objects to rise in the east and set in the west. This is because the planet also moves in the east to west direction. So when asked where does the sun set, the answer will always be on the west. Sunrise and sunset happen every day, but you might not see them always. Some reasons why you miss seeing the golden hour is if you are not an early riser, you are too busy to go out, you are living in an area where the view is blocked, or you just don’t like watching it. But whatever the reason is, we’ll convince you to see the sunrise or when the sun goes down more often.
Why You Should Love the Sunrise and Sunset
Some individuals seldom watch the sunrise or sunset and if you are one of them, it’s time to view it as often as possible. The following are the reasons why you should make time for the sunrise and sunset.
- Allows you to multitask Who says sunrise and sunset take much of your time? You can multitask while feeling the sun’s warmth on your body. You can go for a morning walk or jog while waiting for the sun to rise. Reading newspapers or drinking a cup of coffee is also more enjoyable while waiting for the new day to start. When the sun goes down in the afternoon, you can take it as an opportunity to meditate, relax at the park, or bond with your dearest at the beach. Every moment becomes more special with the dramatic scene that sunrise and sunset bring.
- Gives inspirations Authors, poets, and songwriters usually incorporate sunrise and sunset in their pieces. Seeing the sunrise or sunset provides tranquility that can wash away an artist’s unwanted thoughts. This way, they can focus on their work and create a masterpiece that they couldn’t imagine. You too can take inspiration when the sun goes down. If you love drawing or painting and running out of subjects to draw or paint, you can use the golden hour and preserve it through drawing or painting.
- Improves mood If you have a bad day, wait when the sun goes down because seeing it can improve your mood. Though sunsets mean the day is about to end, it also connotes that you need to take a break. So after a long and tiring day at work, give yourself time to unwind and prepare for the next day. You may also wake up early in the morning and watch the sunrise. Seeing this magical view can inspire you to do your best at work.
- Provides “me time” When you are too busy at work, the chance is you don’t have time to pamper or relax. But it shouldn’t be that way. If you are having a hard time giving yourself some time, you can use the sunrise and sunset as an opportunity to take a break. Try to wake up early, open your windows, and watch the sunrise. Drink a cup of coffee and let the positive energy flow in your body. A few minutes of this every day can make you feel more motivated and keep yourself away from distractions.
- Sparks gratitude There could be instances when you are feeling down with what life brings to you. But there’s a lot of things to be grateful for. Go and watch the sunrise and it will make you feel that there’s always hope. Sunrise symbolizes a new beginning. As long as you are alive, you have the chance to make yourself better.
Sunrise symbolizes new beginnings while sunset brings hope. So there’s no reason to love them when they can inspire, motivate, and make each moment more meaningful. If you missed the sunrise and sunset today, try to wake up early tomorrow to see the magical view. If you aren’t an early riser, you can still wait when the sun goes down and watch the sun cast colors in the sky.
Are you excited about the sunrise and sunset? View it in the best location here in New Zealand. East Cape is one of the places where the sun rises first. Be the first person to see the sun while enjoying the tranquility at Hicks bay Motel.