Welcome to New Zealand
We welcome you to Hicks Bay Motel Lodge which is our lovingly cared-for, 50-year-old slice of Kiwiana. As grateful guardians of this precious treasure, we wish you a pleasant and comfortable stay.
In your room
- You may have noticed that your screen door was hooked from the outside when you arrived. This is to prevent the door slamming in high winds.
- The daybeds in the motel units are used to sit on and sleep on. They are made up with bedding and linen. Just look under the cover to discover this.
- The heaters in some units look like two silver speakers on top of each other.
- We advise you to protect your food, especially sweets, from ants.
- Office hours are from 8am to 8pm.
- Motel room check-in 2pm, check-out 10am.
- Shop and bottle store Monday to Sunday until 10pm.
- Restaurant by reservation- 7-8am and 6-7pm.
- Entry to the restaurant is from the decking area in the office building. The restaurant is informal. Please order at the bar.
- Telecom mobile services are not active in Hicks Bay. A Phone Card Box is outside the office. Cheap Chat cards can be bought in the shop for use in the card phone. Vodafone and 2degrees top-ups are available in the shop.
- To report an emergency, dial 111.
- Laundry- 3 x $1 coins for a wash; 4 x $1 coins for a dry; laundry powder, $1 (in shop). Individual serve hair shampoo, conditioner and scented soap -.50 cents each (in shop).
- A small ironing board, iron, hair dryer, coffee plunge; sharp knife, strainer and grater available on request from the office. Please return all chairs, cutlery and dishes to the rooms you found them in.
- Thank you for washing, drying and putting away your dishes, pans and cutlery. We are happy to do them for you for an additional $30 charge.
- Hicks Bay mugs. tea shirts and hats are on Sale in the shop.
- Freezer available for large items; flake ice machine in the shop.
- Please leave a fish guts, scales, and bones buried near the sea where your fish was taken.
Sandy loves to escort you to the glow-worm grotto in the dark. If you have any concerns about our dog, just let us know in reception but please don’t feed her.
Hicks Bay Motel Lodge Grounds