7 Fun Facts About New Zealand

Fun Facts About New ZealandNew Zealand is one of the most fascinating places in the world! Just for fun, we’ve compiled some fun facts about New Zealand!

7 Fun Facts About New Zealand

    1. Are you an animal fanatic? New Zealand may be the perfect spot for holiday, because only 5% of New Zealand’s population is human. The other 95% are animals; one of the highest human-to-animal ratios in the world.
    2. The Lord of the Rings film brought in about $200 million. Bonus Fact: The beer that the characters drank on camera was a custom New Zealand brew called Sobering Thought; a dark 1% stout created by Harrington’s Brewery.
    3. The world’s first driving dogs were in New Zealand.

  1. Bats are the only land mammals native to New Zealand.
  2. Captain James Cook, who navigated to New Zealand, was said to have discovered that a deficiency in Vitamin C was the culprit behind scurvy.
  3. Try this one. When on holiday in New Zealand, ask your friends if they’d like to go visit Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. It’s a hill overlooking Hawkes Bay, and the rough Maori translation: “The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one.” Every beloved needs to hear a nose flute solo from their lover, right?
  4. According to Barrington Freight, from any place in New Zealand, you’re never further than 128 km from the sea.

Links to Other Fun Facts About New Zealand


Leave a Reply