October in New Zealand Hicks Bay Motel
October in the South and North Islands of NZ
October in New Zealand are the days to witness spring flowers and adore those little spring lambs roaming around the green pastures. As for local plant lovers, this is the time of the year to visit gardens and the wilds where plants bloom in bright and vivid colors.
During the month of October, even though it is already the Spring season, there’s still occasional snowfall particularly in the South Island. The ski season typically ends during late October, so you still have time to enjoy snow fields in both the South and North islands.
October’s weather in NZ is characteristically mild – not too cold nor too hot. During rainy days, you are advised to wear warm clothing and wet weather attire.
- Nelson 22°C
- Christchurch 25°C
- Queenstown 21°C
- Invercargill 22°C
- Auckland 21°C
- Rotorua 20°C
- New Plymouth 19°C
- Wellington 20°C
The New Zealand’s ski season typically ends during late October so you still have time to enjoy snow fields in both the South and North islands.
Average temperature in the month of October in New Zealand
- Great West Coast Whitebait Festival, Christchurch, South Island
- Bay of Islands Wine and Food Festival, Paihia, Bay of Islands, North Island
- Gisborne Wine and Food Festival, Gisborne, North Island
- Kiwi Spring Festival, Port Charles, Coromandel, North Island
- Taranaki Spring Garden Festival, Taranaki, North Island
- World of Wearable Arts Show (WOW), Wellington, North Island
- Auckland Heritage Festival, Auckland, North Island
When in NZ, you should also not miss New Zealand’s popular walking trail – Te Araroa, The Long Path. Here is where you can find our good old Kiwiana motel — Hicks Bay, gets to see the breathtaking view of the Pacific Coast views, walked in NZ’s ruggedly beautiful mountains and experience the beauty of East Cape’s idyllic beaches!
October in New Zealand is also filled with random great events and festivals. Here are just a few of the biggest ones that you shouldn’t miss;