Springtime in New Zealand
Visiting New Zealand is a wonderful experience no matter what time of year you decide to visit. Springtime in New Zealand, however, is especially beautiful. From September until about November, the days are a bit longer toward the end of September (clocks get moved forward an hour). This means you get extra time to enjoy the country’s offerings during daylight hours.
Springtime in New New Zealand – Best of Two Seasons
During this time of year, it’s still cold enough at the higher elevations where you can enjoy some skiing. Lower foothills provide moderate enough temperatures to enjoy some outdoor tramping or hiking, or a leisurely walk throughout the trails of Gisborne.
Springtime in New Zealand – Some Things to Do
- Gray’s Bush Scenic Reserve – Free tramping trails, enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
- Julian’s Berry Farm – Pick your own farm and mini golf; fun for the family!
- Rere Rockslide – Free natural waterslide, open to the public.
- Agroventures Park – Adrenaline-inducing adventures, taking you to the edge of danger.
- Treble Court Market – Enjoy some of the local artisan’s work, fun for the kids, and plenty of outdoor entertainment.
- Swim with the Dolphins – Dolphin Seafaris offers a unique opportunity to get a wetsuit on and swim with the dolphins!
- Go Wine Tasting – Learn all about New Zealand wine and the wineries here.
There are plenty of things to do during springtime in New Zealand. You can find out about more fun and exciting things to do on our blog. For accommodations in the Hicks Bay and Gisborne area, we hope you’ll check us out.